Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3 Artists (I LOVE) One Song Campaign: Korea

Let's try this again. (Since blogger ate this article last time) It's time to start writing here again, and what better way to start off than with exciting news?! Three great artists are coming together on one song. Idiotape, Aziatix and Jaurim are set to collaborate on a project for Converse's “Three Artists. One Song.” campaign.



If you follow me on any of my social media portals, you'll know of my love of Korean-American group Aziatix. I've been lucky enough to see them perform twice, and even interview them as well! They're known as an “R&B” group, but they all bring so much to the group from their mixed background that I hate to box them in. They're a little hip-hop, a little electro-pop, and all soul.

Jaurim has been rocking the Korean indie and rock scene since 1997. Their blend of new-wave, alternative and traditional rock is what I come to expect from Korean rock. It's their kind of creativity and ability to stay fresh that I admire and love about them.

Idiotape is probably the hardest to give a simple description of. They are essentially an electronic group, but it doesn't just stop there. They're sound defies description, and it's best to just listen to them to fully understand it. If I had to, I'd say Idiotape is “progressive electronic shoegaze.” Whatever you call it, it's catchy, fun, and addictive.

These three have come together to form an unlikely (yet exciting) combo. I can't wait to see what they come up with. The video and song are due out later this month.

2 comments:

  1. From the looks of that photo they'll be a ZE:A sized pop band. I hope that doesn't happen :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it turns out good, not like a too many cooks thing. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please! Be courteous. I WILL delete any negative comments that are just arbitrarily negative.